Statue of Unity-2
The world’s tallest statue is going to be built in INDIA. Here are some highlights:
This 182 meters tall Statue depicting Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, spread in 20,000 sq. meters of the project area, will be surrounded by an enormous man-made lake spread across 12 sq km area.
The total cost of the project was estimated to be 2063 Crores by the government. The mega construction company L&T bagged the contract this month for the lowest bid of 2989 Crores for the design, construction, and maintenance. More than 60,000 tonnes of steel will be used in the construction of the entire structure. Construction to be complete in 4 years. In and around the Statue, there will be:
- World’s best Exhibition narrating the story of Indian National Movement, the unification of India, and Sardar’s contribution.
- Memorial Garden
- The bridge connecting Sadhu Island with the mainland
- Memorial and Visitors Center
- Improved Roadway between the Statue and Kevadia
- Parking and Transport Site
- Hotel and Convention Center