Indian food lovers are always looking for the slightest reason to snack on something, as they know how important it is to get a good night’s sleep. Instead of going through the hassle of looking for something to eat in the fridge, they can easily prepare a few midnight snacks recipe that will satisfy their hunger. Easy-to-make snacks, such as samosas, Tikki masala pagodas, and naan bread, can be satisfying. So let us get started.
The family enjoys planner fry more than other starters or appetizers because of its flavor. A delectable flavored dish called Panner Fries is created by shallow frying paneer after marinating it in a mixture of spice powders and curd.
- Take a fresh chunk of paneer first. They should be thinly sliced. You can check the thickness to ensure it is not excessively thick or thin. Add the items indicated under “for marinade” to a mixing bowl. It has been thoroughly combined.
- As demonstrated, it should be nicely textured. It will only coat the paneer pieces if it’s smooth.Into the bowl, add a few paneer pieces at a time. Apply a thick coat as directed. Repeat to the end. Put it on the serving dish.
- Add a few pieces of paneer marinated to the hot oil in the pan. Flip it over and cook using two forks. Fry until both sides are golden brown. Enjoy some Paneer Fry.
Aloo Bhujia Chaat
The recipe for the well-known North Indian snack is aloo bhujia, including step-by-step photos. Try making bhujia at home for a simple and quick snack. Aloo bhujia, which we produce as a variation from the typical omapodi, is sure to be a hit with your family.
- The potatoes should be boiled or pressure cooked until tender. Peel the skin when it has cooled and carefully crush it to remove any lumps. Besan, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt, and lemon juice should all be combined in a large basin.
- Add a little water, then knead the mixture into a soft dough. If it’s sticky, don’t be concerned. Put the dough inside the murky presser using the Maori | Sev achu, and begin pressing in the heated oil.
- Avoid letting it turn too brown. For the remaining dough, follow the same procedure once again. Break them up and put this in an airtight container. Enjoy with a perfect tea-time snack.
A Vegetable Sandwich
Place a slice of bread with some potatoes, tomatoes, and cucumbers. Apply some mayonnaise now. Top with oregano and chili flakes. Add another slice of bread on top, and you have a fantastic supper for the evening.
- On a piece of bread, equally, distribute the cheese. You may also use a cheese slice. Add cucumber slices, carrot shreds, capsicum pieces, iceberg lettuce, and tomato slices.
- On a different piece of bread, apply green chutney. Place that piece of bread on the prepared bread press. The sandwich is prepared.
Gobi Pepper Fry
Cauliflower and pepper powder make this incredibly easy and delicious stir fry. It requires relatively few ingredients and can be made quickly. It pairs incredibly well with curd rice, rasam, and sambar. Following this simple gobi pepper fry recipe, we will learn to create cauliflower pepper fries today.
- Wash and separate the cauliflower florets. Water should be brought to a rolling boil before adding 1/4 tsp salt and turmeric powder. Cauliflower florets are added, the heat is turned off, and it is covered for 4-5 minutes.
- To stop the cauliflower from continuing to cook after 5 minutes, completely drain the water and then rinse it with cold water.
- When the oil in the pan is hot, add the mustard and fennel seeds. Add the urad dal, red pepper, and curry leaves when they begin to sputter.
- Add finely chopped onion, garlic, and green chillies when the dal turns golden brown.
- Sauté onions until they become translucent. Add the salt sprinkle salt on it, pepper powder, and blanched cauliflower florets as needed.
- Cook covered for 5–6 minutes on medium heat, occasionally tossing until cauliflower edges start to colour slightly. Coriander leaves and fresh lemon juice can be used as a garnish. Mix well, then serve over rice.
Baked Masala Tofu
Try this recipe if you’re a vegetarian seeking a healthier alternative to paneer. Tofu cubes are marinated in a variety of masalas until they are fully flavour-infused, and they are then cooked to a crisp.
- Drain the water from the tofu packet after opening it. For 30 minutes, wrap the tofu in paper towels, put pressure on it, and then remove the weight. Once the water has been drained, cut the tofu into one cm-thick piece.
- Take a 1-gallon ziploc bag and fill it with all the marinade’s ingredients.
- With a fork, whisk it, then stir in the bag of tofu cubes. Take out the air, seal the bag, and thoroughly toss the tofu pieces in the marinade.Put it in the refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes. In the interim, preheat the oven for 15 minutes at 425F/220C.
- Tofu pieces should be placed on a baking sheet, lightly greased, and baked for 25 to 30 minutes while being turned once in the middle.
- Add another 8 to 10 minutes of broiling to give it a crispy exterior.
We hope you love reading this guide. Snacks are like little bursts of energy that can help you stay focused and energised throughout the day. They can also help you stay on track with your diet since they are full of healthy foods that will keep you satisfied for a long time. For more Indian midnight snacks recipe like this, follow Spicyum Page, where there are more Indian recipes.