Here are the 15 must know things about Andhra Pradesh State’s Agriculture Mission:
1. In mission to make Andhra Pradesh into Swarnandhra Pradesh by 2029, CM Chandrababu Naidu along with eminent Space, Nuclear Scientist and served as 11th President of India(2002-2007) Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Inaugurated the AP Primary Mission in Rayadurgam, Ananthapur Dist on 6th October,2014.
2. Mission aims to make the Primary Sector Profitable. Primary sector consists of Agricultural sector, Horticulture, Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, etc.
3. Mission includes issuing 60 lakh soil health cards in 18000 villages.
4. To improve and develop Farming, Horticulture, Seri culture, Aqua Culture and Animal Husbandry to reach growth rate above 6% GDP in Andhra Pradesh state. Making Andhra Pradesh the 1st state to reach high growth rate in India.
5. The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) will be providing the technology and advisory services to AP agricultural mission.
6. Along with ICRISAT, Central Agricultural institutions, State institutions and Agricultural Universities will be providing technology support to both drought affected areas districts and to water abundant districts based on mixed land and weather conditions.
7. Andhra Pradesh state budget is in deficit, to overcome this CM Chandrababu Naidu taking care of every sector to improve the productivity, income and services. As Agricultural in AP is main dependent sector with huge loses and facing problems due lack of scientific and technical support following very old techniques of farming. To overcome this CM Chandrababu Naidu informed the agricultural department to test the soil samples in all 13 districts in AP to know the merits and demerits of the soil, with the results of which strategies will be designed to fight the drought, floods and increase productivity.
8. After complete review of agricultural sector in AP, now to provide farmers required support to lower the production cost through educating, giving advance techniques and required minerals, fertilizers and equipment which leads more production and income of farmers in AP through this Agricultural mission.
9. As a Pre run, Anantapur officials have identified that farmers were using 25 years old techniques to cultivate ground nuts in 8 lakh hectares resulting in losses to farmers during last several years. Now state government decides to change and provide new techniques to farmers through this agricultural mission resulting in low input cost and high productivity.
10. In AP state, production of Dal per one hectare is 600 kilograms, As part of the Mission government is introducing hybrid seeds which will improve yeild by 30% – 40%.
11. State Government aims to reach Rs.60 thousand crores revenue to its Citizens from agricultural sector by 2018-19.
12. Developing four Fishing harbors through public private partnership in Nellore, Prakasam, Guntur and East Godavari districts to improve fish production to 33 lakh tons which gives 63 thousand crores per annum by 2018-19.
13. Huge promotion and incentives to agri based and food processing units to promote market for the produced good. AP govt is also aiming to rise 1 Lakh crore funds to Agriculture and related sectors through private public partnership.
14. CM Chandrababu Naidu wants to increase its allocation of funds in state budget from 6,736 crores (2014-15) to 50,000 Crores by 2018-19 budgets.
15. Rayalaseema to be a drought free region in 10 years with river integration and micro-drip irrigation. This mission started with Ananthapur district and to reach to other districts in a phased manner.