Andhra Pradesh to soon top in India with biggest number of operating commercial airports (Domestic/International ).
Here are some interesting plans of govt of Andhra Pradesh in Aviation Industry:
- Srikakulam, Kurnool, Ongole and Kuppam (Chithoor district ) to get new small scale Airports.
- A new green field international airport to be built in Visakhapatnam. This is to meet the demand of increasing traffic as Visakhapatnam grows as the financial capital of Andhra Pradesh.
- Vijayawada and Tirupati airports will be expanded and upgraded to International Airports.
- A new mid range airport to be built in Nellore.
- Kadapa Airport completed its construction and is ready to host operations.
- Kuppam airport to hold cargo units serving the fruit and flower exports from rayalaseema districts.
- Puttaparthi Airport to host the “Airline Service Center” and to serve as Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul base.
- Vijayawada to host a “Fuel Refilling Center”. Tax of only 1% to be laid on aviation fuel purchased in andhra pradesh to encourage more airlines and services to choose andhra pradesh as a stop increasing the air traffic.
- AP to start sea plane tourism with amphibians flying between reservoirs, harbors and airports.
- Nagarjuna sagar airstrip will be developed as tourism air strip operating chopper and 4 seater air rides around Nagarjuna Sagar Dam. Nagarjuna Sagar dam is in neighboring telugu state Telangana, while the Nagarjuna Sagar air strip is in AP.