Swachh Bharath Abhiyan launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi is reaching South officially as Govt of India nominated 9 members each from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana States.
The list includes MPs, Sports persons, Film Stars, Artists, Industrialists, Doctors and Media Persons.
1. Galla Jayadev, MP of Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
2. Ms.K.Kavita, MP of Nizambad, Telangana.
3. VVS Lakshman, Former Cricketer.
4. Shivlal Yadav, Former Cricketer.
5. Pullela Gopichand, Tennis Player and Coach.
6. Ms.Koneru Hampi, Chess Grandmaster.
7. Pawan Kalyan, Power Star of Telugu Cinema.
8. Dr.S.P.Balasubramaniam, Legendary Singer from Andhra Pradesh.
9. Nitin, Film Star.
10. Suddala Ashok Teja, Film Writer.
11. Smt.Amala Nagarjuna, Actress and Social Activist.
12. B.V.R.Mohan Reddy, Chairman, Cyient Technologies(Renamed from Infotech Technologies).
13. J.A.Chowdary ( Lets Vote Foundation) ,
14. J.Rameswara Rao (My Home Group),
15. G.V.K.Reddy (GVK Group of Companies),
16. Dr.Gopi Chand, Star Hospitals,
17. Dr.G.S.Rao, Yashoda Hospitals,
18. Vemuri Radhakrishna, MD, Andhra Jyothy Group.
The nominees received letters from govt of India to express their views on it and work together with the govt to achieve a Clean India. Central Minister for Urban Development Shri Venkiah Naidu invited the nominees to a meeting and explained the roles of these influential persons to take forward the Clean India Mission.