– Prime Minister Modi arrives at Vizag. Prime Minister to go around the City and know the condition of the City and the disaster made by Hud Hud cyclone.
– Power star Pawan Kalyan donated 50 lakhs to CM relief fund and appealed his fans to volunteer with the government.
– Dissatisfied with the performance of Telecom companies and ignorance to attend the review meeting with CM made CM angry. Sent a warning to the Telecom operators of Vizag that their will be legal action if not acted in time.
– 45,000 Electric poles uprooted by Hud Hud Cyclone in 3 districts.
– 19,000 Electric poles uprooted in Vizag alone.
– Restoring power in phased manner to take 3-10 days.
– Guntur sent 77000 food packets, 55000 litres of milk products, 8000 Kgs of vegetables, 50 tonnes of aloo, 37000 biscuit packets, 30 tankers of water to Vizag.
– Govt is using Fire Engines to supply water directly to Apartments by filling water into Head Over Tanks.
13 Oct :
– TDP MPs donated their 2 month pay towards flood relief.
– MLA Balakrishna’s fans sent a lorry of Rice and a Milk tanker to Vizag.
– 50 tonnes of food material from Vijayawada another 50 tonnes from Rajamundry has been airlifted to provide food for people in relief camps.
– Each affected family to receive 25 kg rice, 1 kg sugar and 5 litres of kerosene as immediate relief. For fisherman and weavers whose work has been affected, 5 litres kerosene, 50 kg rice, and 1 kg sugar will be provided.
– Nearly 80% of telecommunication systems have been snapped. Govt is trying to restore them by tonight.
– 500 field staff, 100 engineers are working round-the-clock to restore Power.
– Vizag airport to be restored by tonight.
– 45,000 electric poles have been ordered to restore power lines.
– CM Chandrababu Naidu made a surprise visit to Petrol Bunk in Vizag where Citizens reported on CMO Facebook page that Petrol was sold at higher cost.
– 90% of the Trees in Vizag got uprooted.
– NDRF is working on supplying Water, Food and Medicines to the effected areas.
– Prime Minister Narendra Modi to visit Vizag on 14th October, to land at 1:15 PM.
– Weather turned better in Vizag, NDRF started off the rescue operation by clearing the major roads and junctions first.
– Hud Hud cyclone created huge destruction in Vizag City.
– AP govt relocated 5 lakh+ citizens to safe places.
– NDRF forces ready to start rescue.
– 200 rescue boats, 1000 swimmers in reserve.
– 4 Helicopters ready to reach out to people with Food and Medical supplies.
– Leaves for all the Govt employees cancelled in prior and informed to be readily available to serve in post cyclone rescue.
– National Highway was shut down from Srikakulam to Rajamundry as a safety measure to avoid casualties.
– 3000 Electric Poles moved to Vizag prior to cyclone so that the restoring electricity happens as soon as possible.
– 3000 electricity employees mobilized to vizag to work on electricity restoration.
– JCBs and Tree cutters made ready by revenue department for rescue and restoration.
– Power cut off in Vizag to make sure that there will not be any casualties with live power lines.
– Collectors of 4 districts and CMO working 24*7 assessing the situation and monitoring the relocation and restoration preperations.
– 4 Navy shipped filled with food reserves.
– Minister and an IAS officer deployed per each revenue division to co ordinate the rescue and relocation operations.
A video showing the Wind hitting the Vizag city at 220 kmph with bombarding sounds:
Pictures from the ground:
Fallen tomb of a Mosque from Gajuwaka Area.