If there is one place in South India that integrates the divinity of Hinduism with the beauty of nature set to hypnotize your wandering mind to rest and awaken your consciousness, that’s Tirumala Tirupati of Andhra Pradesh, the land of Kaliyuga Daivam Lord Venkateshwara.
Resting 2799 feet above the sea level and accommodating one of the most important pilgrimage centers in the world “The Tirumala Venkateswara Swamy Temple” it is one of the busiest spiritual destinations in the world drawing around 50,000 to 100,000 visitors daily i.e an average of 30 to 40 million people annually. It is also said to be the most-visited and one of the most richest places of worship in the world.
Did you know how this amazing place used to look decades ago? it occurred for us and our curious minds never stop wondering found our way to pool up a few photos to show the past of this glorious place.
1. ALIPIRI MANDAPAM OF TIRUMALA.
Yes, its the very same place where you now start your walk up steps and do the security check in.
2. BOMMALA GOPURAM ( DOESN’T EXIST ANYMORE. DISMANTLED. )
3. LORD KRISHNA IDOL FROM TIRUMALA.
4. MAHADEVA GOPURAM.
5. PADMAVATHI AMMA NIDHI.
6. KING KRISHNA DEVARAYA; ALONG WITH HIS QUEENS.
You can still see these idols inside Tirumala Temple.
7. PRATHIMA MANDAPAM.
8. VIEW OF HILL FROM TIRUPATI.
9. LORD HANUMAN TEMPLE IN TIRUMALA TEMPLE.
10.WALK WAY TO TIRUMALA TEMPLE.
11. A TEMPLE STREET OF TIRUPATI.
12. LORD VENKATESHWARA’S DWARAM.
13. BUSES AT TIRUPATI TO BRING PILGRIMS UP TIRUMALA.
14. PUSKARINI OF SWAMI.
15. STEPS WAY TO TIRUMALA.
16. KAPILA TEERTHAM WATERFALLS AT TIRUPATI.
17. SRIVARI RAJA GOPURAM.
18. BUS STAND AT TIRUPATI WITH FLEET TO TIRUMALA.
19. GHAT ROAD, THE WAY IT WAS BUILT WITH BASIC ENGINEERING.
20. SRI VENKATESHWARA’S RATHAM.
21. STEPS TO TIRUMALA FROM TIRUPATI.
22. SANNIDHI VEEDHI.
23. GARBHA GUDI OF TIRUMALA TEMPLE.
A very rare Picture of Tirumala Temple without the Gold Plating.
24. SRI VENKATESHWARA SWAMI’S UTSAVA STATUES.
25. THE LORD VENKATESHWARA SWAMI HIMSELF.! NAMO VENKATESHA.!
So, next time you visit this place, keep in mind that you’ve stepped your foot on one of the most blessed places in the world and also a place with too much awesomeness.
Visit Tirumala Tirupati. Visit Andhra Pradesh.