- Andhra Pradesh is Planning to build International level Disaster Management Institute.
- A committee is formed to prepare a Blue Book to handle disasters.
- Loss to Vizag by Hud Hud is being estimated by 400 groups of officials.
- Chandrababu Naidu invited Corporate companies to build advance colonies in Vizag which are Green, Eco Friendly and which can withstand disasters.
- Government to provide basic supplies till 23rd Oct to the affected people.
Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu announced the formation of Disaster Management Institute with international standards to train professional on disaster management. Central, state level officials and scientists are to be involved in preparing blueprint for institute. Govt also announced preparing a blue book, which will serve the procedure during disasters. This document to be adopted by Govt of India and other states as a reference.
Hudhud cyclone affected three districts collectors and AP Electricity department chief secretary Ajay Jain conducted the review meetings and announced that within two days all the fallen trees will be removed, where as supply of vegetables with basic price of Rs 3 and Rs 5 will continue up to 23rd October.
For Estimating the loss in Hudhud affected areas, State Government has formed 400 groups of officials and deployed in three districts Vizag, Srikakulam and Vijayanagaram. Estimate of 1.7 lakh hectares of crops and 72 thousand hectares of Paddy was damaged.